Saturday, February 21, 2009

The catalog... is here!


As I was sending invitation emails about our catalog and the launch party (that happens to be tonight) I still didn't have that book actually. We printed it in Poland, in Warsaw, I don't know if it was cheaper, but I chose that printing house because they were also printing "Vox Design" and I knew they were good. And professional. And I was in contact with them anyway. So as the boos were printed it took me one whole day on the telephone (I hate calling on the phone), and it took us 3 weeks for the books to come to Berlin. Why so long? The transport of that 500 kg was for free, so it was worth to wait. There were many people involved on the way, so there were also moments when some of them just "forgot" about forwarding our books to the next person. And last Monday (Feb 16th) I was really scared - what will we do if the books don't come this time? But they did. The transporter car came to our front door on Monday afternoon. Oh, what a relief!

500 kg of books.
We finally have the book, it is well printed, without errors, at least I hope so, I can't bring myself to look through the catalog, because I am afraid I will find a mistake. So I live in sweet unconsciousness. Anyway, if I write an article, I never read it when printed. So as I did the book, I cannot really look into it... But generally - looks good. I guess. My first book, first layout... A to Z. And tonight we celebrate!
If you want to know more on tonight's event - go to ZERO website. We will have a concert (Seiji Morimoto), readings (Tanja Duckers and Yaneq) and...
www.zero-project.org/zero_katalog.html

1 Comments:

Blogger nytuan said...

I wish I were there, at the party. Parties at the ZERO Gallery are fabulous!

1:47 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home