Friday, February 02, 2007

Brave New Year

Well, I didn't write for some time and the reason was that this year started quite bad. First of all, my photo camera was stolen by a strange turkish guy who came into the gallery (ZERO) and stole the camera right from may bag. I shouldn't have let him in in the first place. I know. At least I know I will never let any suspicious-looking guy in, ever. It is not that I have something against the turkish or whatever Arab people, but it is just that they steal more often than the germans or polish (excluding cars, hehe). I was so angry! Then, in my training job, where I run workshops for the young people from Kreuzberg, that job was supposed to be well paid. It was supposed to be enough for me and also for the gallery rent. But every week I was being told that it will be less and less money. Apparently the owner of this institution "took" our salaries for his own (private!) needs. And he is a german guy. And worst of all he was behaving very ugly when we wanted to work in normal conditions - I mean we were asking for our promised loans. He was shouting. So that happens in Germany too... and in this way we are left with no money for the rent at ZERO. We didn't apply anywhere for funding, we were hoping for my steady income. Life is unpredictable. So at the moment we have no idea how to continue with ZERO. Ok, that is it. The year started bad, so that means it has to be better, or not? Enough complaining. I just had to let it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home